On Saturday, April 28, 2018, over 400 women and a few awesome girls converged on Fearless Fest, our signature experiential event that brings our Women You Should Know mission of women celebrating and supporting one another to dynamic life.
The space was packed and pumping from start to finish with an energy and palpable level of camaraderie and sisterhood that we wish we could bottle. The above video captures it all.
Hosted at the Metropolitan Pavilion in NYC, Fearless Fest was 5 action-packed hours of women-powered awesome:
- Marketplace featuring 20 women-owned shops curated by Lisa Rosado’s We Are Women Owned, and presented by Signature Bank
- Workshops – Build It hosted by The Home Depot; Let’s Talk About Sex hosted by Babeland, Civic Engagement hosted by the League Of Women Voters; Find Gratitude hosted by Christine D’Ercole, founder of WORDSHOP™
- Live fitness classes taught by fearless instructors – Sheryl Oleksak, Yvette Lenhart, Cindy Lai, Mackenzie Pretty, Katye Stanzak – all powered by Lauren Foundos‘ innovative platform, FORTË
- Main stage panel featuring four inspiring speakers: Tradeswoman Warrior, Judaline Cassidy; Pioneering Firefighter, Sarinya Srisakul; Change-Making Activist, Depelsha McGruder; Chronic Illness Crusader, Nicole Rios
- Meet and greet with genuine hero Brenda Berkman, and the official unveiling of her Upper Deck Trading Card
- Feminist Self-Defense, a kick-ass course taught by Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu specialist Rachel Piazza
- Icons’ Happy Hour hosted with Jane Walker by Johnnie Walker
- Cold-brew coffee bar powered by the woman-founded Kohana Coffee, fearless makers of the world’s first organic cold-brew concentrate and organic slow-roasted coffee that are 100% sourced exclusively from women farmers
- Helping Hands Helping Others Volunteer Area that supported One Sandwich At A Time, a non-profit grassroots founded by the fearless Erin Dinan – guests helped us make over 1,000 PB&J sandwiches to feed NYC’s hungry
- Official launch of our Women You Should Know (em)POWER™ Laces, which feature a power-packed word punctuated by our trademarked woman symbol, and support the work we do to empower women and girls
In summary… it was the BEST SATURDAY EVER!
So we’ll see you at the next #FearlessFestNYC.