The 2012 election was a mandate for women’s leadership. Women have made enormous strides in recent decades, but there’s one glass ceiling left to shatter… sending a woman to the White House.
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, has launched the new national campaign – Madam President – to put a woman in the White House. The campaign is designed to engage voters, build a base and capitalize on the demand for women’s leadership.
Polling released yesterday* by 2012 presidential pollsters Lisa Grove and Jeffrey Liszt of Anzalone Liszt Grove Research, showed that voters in battleground states are ready for a woman president, and see a woman president as someone who can make a positive impact.
Of the voters surveyed in battleground states:
- 90% would consider voting for a qualified woman candidate from their party
- 86% believe that America is ready to elect a woman president
- 72% believe that it is likely that America will elect a woman president in the next presidential election
- 51% believe that the women elected to Congress and Senate last cycle are making a positive difference
- 75% believe a woman president would be a good thing for this country, and that it will send a positive signal to our children and grandchildren
It’s our time. And we’re ready. Join the campaign.
*You can read the entire polling memo here.