If you’re a woman between the ages of 25-45, you are reportedly vacationing solo more frequently, and your travel companion of choice is… social media. And, by the way, you’re also having a blast (as the ad below wants us to believe)!
This revelation came from a survey commissioned by online travel agency Booking.com. It focused on women, ages 25-45, who have traveled in the last year from the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and Germany.
Here’s what they found:
- US women ranked first in frequent solo travel, taking three trips or more a year.
- Of the 500 American women surveyed, 58% believe that social media makes them feel safer when traveling on their own.
- Nearly half of US women ages 25 to 45 use social media to find things to do at their destination, and half look for restaurant recommendations via social media, too.
- Their favorite solo destination is Europe.
- Two-thirds of American women ages 25 to 45 have taken a vacation without their partner, and 55% are more likely to try solo travel now than they would have five years ago.
Booking.com must REALLY be embracing the results of this “study”. Just yesterday it launched a new (wacky/funny) TV ad campaign in the US and the UK promoting “manless travel” for women.
Makes us wonder what came first… their study or their ad concept? Hhhhmmmm.